Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cheap food means dirty food?

I stumbled upon this article (click here) on Brunei Restaurant Review blog site. There is this one respond on the tag board that caught my attention;

sefolism: about that dead fly in nasi lemak, Im sorry for you but i guess thats what u get for a '$1' service. so yea.... :) u got to pay for quality food my fren. :)

C'mon, so does that mean if I pay 50 cents for my food, I should expect some sh*t on my food? Honestly speaking, I am a fan of cheap food nowadays. And most of them are nice and taste good. And more importantly, they are hygiene.

This is one thing about us in Brunei to be specific. I observe that most of the employers especially restaurant employers dont even bother to give simple basic training to their employees. I guess they are too busy counting the profit? They dont even do a spot check on the premises. All they want is how much is today's profit and when they can afford to buy the new merc.

Please, I beg the employers, please.. give your employees some basic training especially on how are you treating your customer. Mind the manners. Tell them to always remember the customers are the ones that pays for their salaries. Without them, you will not have any money. So, pleased them as much as you could.

Honestly speaking, I have been marking restaurants and black listed those are bad with their food and service. I rather go home, cook myself some simple meal rather than eating at those outlets. This is the main reason I dont dine outside much nowadays.

One tip to the customers out there, have a peek at their kitchen and at the back of the shop. Inspect their hygiene. Those places are where they cook and prepare your food. I was walking around a restaurant today and I was shocked to smell the drainage behind their shop smell like "tahi". Sorry but I have to say this. But I aint going to eat there. Not in a million years :)

No comments:

Earn extra cash